How do you celebrate your big 40 Birthday?

I'm in a foreign country and not much around me to go or do anything special.
I miss the U.S.!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Holidays

• – collapse
    Oh my word - its just a birthday. It's more impressive to make it to 80/90/100 than to 40.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on May. 1, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I live in a foreign country too,but I don't see what that has to do with celebrating your 40th birthday.Just having a day to yourself could be a wonderful treat.I know I'd like that when it's my birthday! :0)
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 2:59 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I dont know but Ill let you know in May LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 3:01 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Happy Birthday! Well, if you have any friends around you could have a small dinner party.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 3:02 PM on May. 1, 2011

• We went to Vegas for mine (we lived about 6 hrs from there)

Hubbys is today *his 40th...and he had to leave for NM so he can start a new job tomorrow morning, so he may jsut go get himself a steak dinner later and that will be it. Before this new job/moving thing came up- the plan was to take a cruise and see some Mayan temples and whatnot
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:05 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Probably the same way I just celebrated my 30th: NOTHING
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:05 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Oh my word - its just a birthday. It's more impressive to make it to 80/90/100 than to 40.
    ********

wow.
    Why shouldn't it be made special?! What if she didn't make it to 80/90 or 100...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:06 PM on May. 1, 2011

• blowing candlesOH- and Happy Birthday!

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:08 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I think you should do atleast 1 childish thing just to remind yourself that you're not that old!
    Happy Birthday!
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:21 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I had just had a baby (first!) and wasn't into a doing a big Party. I was really wrapped up in the whole New Mom thing! But The morning of my Birthday, my DH handed me a wrapped box. I was surprised because I told him I didn't want anything. I opened it & it was a Cartier Love necklace with diamonds! I almost fainted. That is now my most cherished piece of jewelry. He said "you deserve something special since you gave me something so special too (our baby)! :) I wish you a very Happy Birthday too!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:24 PM on May. 1, 2011