How do i get my milk production up?

with my son i was home I didn't work and nursed only. i only want to nurse my daughter but i had to go back to work when she was six weeks. i am so busy i haven't been pumping much and now haven't been full enough after work to pump. at home i only nurse. what can i do to get it back up?

robinclements86

Asked by robinclements86 at 2:50 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nurse more.
    Supply & Demand!
    The more you nurse. the more your baby wants. the more your milk will produce. and when they get older & start solids & start slowing down. slowly the demand goes down. and so does the supply! :-)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:08 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Nurse whenever you can. You can also eat oatmeal daily. You can also drink Mother's Milk tea, take fenugreek and milk thistle. But try nursing and pumping more first.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 3:46 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Nurse on demand while together, pump while you're at work. Ideally, you want to aim to pump around the same time baby eats, if possible. How long are you separated from her during the day? How much are you able to pump in a day? It's said that production is highest in the morning, so if you can add a pump when you wake up that could help. How often are you pumping? Can you give me as much information as you can think of?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:23 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Oh, and whether or not you feel full, you should still pump. The pump will stimulate your supply, to an extent.
    Krysta622

• It's going to be hasr while your at work. You'll need to pump frequently. Use a good Medela pump, I suggest Pump in style, pr the free style. Also Fenugreek can help boost your supply. it works sor me. Good luck Mama.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 2:02 AM on May. 2, 2011