20 weeks and 2 days pregnant and a bit worried ?

I have been feeling the baby move frequently since 17 weeks and for the past 2 days his movements have decreased i dont know if thats a good thing or if should call my doctor on monday morning also im not as hungry as much i dont know whats going on but im really freaky out about this .Any advice would be great right about now :-(

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 2:55 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i thought the same thing when i was 20 weeks, the baby might just be getting kinda cramped in there, if your really worried drink juice or something with sugar and lay on your side to see if the baby moves, and if nothing then go to the doctor to get checked out

the one thing my doctor told me is that if the baby doesnt move for a whole day go in, but if your still feeling some movement it shouldnt be a problem(again thats what my doctor told me)
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 2:58 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Your baby isn't getting cramped yet. Peak movement is between 27-30 weeks. Any decrease in movement should be noted. And no movement you should be calling your doctor. You can try a kick count but since you might not be sure of the babys sleep pattern yet. Drink some cold oj and eat something lay on your side and count the kicks for an hour, you should get about 10. If you didn't get 10 try again for another hour. (starting again) if you still did t get to 10 kicks, call your doctor. Better safe than sorry.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:05 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Lay on your left side**
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:06 PM on May. 1, 2011

• With both of my pregnancies there would be days the kid was all over the place. Then there were days I'd feel almost nothing at all.

If you're really concerned/scared call your doctor, the good ones don't mind at all and will calmly address all your fears/worries/concerns.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:13 PM on May. 1, 2011

• U should alway call ur doctor for even the smallest thing, but I'm sure it's nothing! My son would have very active days and very lazy days through out my entire pregnancy! And sometimes they move but just not hard enough for u to feel if ur involved insomwthimg else to much for u to notice! My best advice is to call ur doc in the morning because it always good the inform them of everything, but don't stress your self because it just makes ur worse!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 3:17 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Eat something really sweet or an orange. The baby may just be relaxing. Some Sugar will make them move to put your mind at ease.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:27 PM on May. 1, 2011

• If you are worried than call your OB. Do you kick counts so that you can give the doc that info. Always follow your gut feelings. You should be feeling baby move more now, not less.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:24 PM on May. 1, 2011