Has any mom or woman here.... adult content

This may be too much but has anyone ever had a period that was 43 days between the last one? should I be concerned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Health

• So you started 43 days after your last cycle? If so I don't think that's a problem, just an irregular cycle
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 3:30 PM on May. 1, 2011

• yes, during periods of stress mine are almost always like that.
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 3:30 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Not exactly 43 days, but mine was due to my bc. Are you reaching your menopausal age? I know my mom has complained about the length of her cycle as well as how unpredictable it is. Have you recently had a baby or taking any medication or bc?
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:31 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Could u possibly have pcos? How old r u, could u be reaching the age where menopause may be taking place?!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 3:38 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I am 22 I havent recently had a baby no and not on any meds. No stress either. I have PCOS....but I have never went taht long between each period...maybe 32-38 days nut not 43-44....all my moms side of the family had to have a hysterectomy by the time they were 20-25...my sister was 24...my mom was 20...my grandma was 23...and so one....I am afraid I am next it has never skipped a woman on my moms side. I am scared! I want another baby!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:39 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I have PCOS and I tend to go longer between cycles if I have an cyst that's larger than normal. Sometimes the hormones associated with actual cysts can cause your cycles to change. If it happens again and you're really concerned about it, I'd talk to your doctor. Are you currently being treated for the PCOS?
    jess_merrick874

Answer by jess_merrick874 at 3:49 PM on May. 1, 2011

• No my doctor just told me I had it...I have had it going on four years now and no I am not being treated no body told me you could be!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:50 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I have PCOS ... and they change all the time... at first ti was regular and then longer and longer in between .... now it is a year between.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 4:02 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Yup! A lot of doctors prescribe birth control pills to help regulate cycles and decrease the frequency of cysts (at least the number of the painful ones). There is also a fertility drug that is used to treat it... Actually, I think there are several different ways it can be treated. Have you done any research about it yet??
    jess_merrick874

Answer by jess_merrick874 at 4:07 PM on May. 1, 2011

• bump 4 u
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:44 PM on May. 1, 2011