Birthmom trying to make step daughter look like a teen.

I have a 9 year old step daughter whos mother is trying to make her look like a teen.

My husband has said that she has always cared about the way the kids have looked, even when they were little, their hair had to always been fixed.

Like for example, her birthday was last weekend, she took her and some of her friends out to eat and to the movies she curled her hair, put sparkly makeup on her and even let her wear fake fingernails !!!!

But of course when she grows up to be a stripper, she will somehow make it the stepmoms fault !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Is this an all the time thing or just for special occasions?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:44 PM on May. 1, 2011

• pretty much anytime step daughter wants to wear it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:47 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My younger sister loved dressing up and make up. She had curled hair, wore sparkly make up and even had fake press on nails *gasp*. My sister is a Pharmacist now and not really all that girly. It never entered her mind to be a stripper. I find it sad you would make a comment like that.
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 4:04 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Is the clothing revealing? Does your step daughter enjoy being dolled up? If she is having a good time bonding with her mom and the clothing is appropriate, who cares?? Especially on her birthday! I would love curling my daughters hair (if I had one) and letting her glitter it up! I miss being young enough to pull off glitter haha.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 4:04 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I'm with chaiteamomma--my daughter loved doing that stuff as a kid and she would never dream of being a stripper. She isn't a slut either.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 4:09 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I let our 14 yr old son wear what he wanted in elementary school, while the other Moms were making their boys wear geranimals clothes, our son was wearing goth looking clothes.. He wanted to wear the trendy stuff, and we figured if we let him do it then, he'd get over it by Jr high/high school... He has, he now wears Levi's and t-shirts, and likes to look preppy,lol....

My point is the clothes don't make the kid, or the makeup for that matter.. It's a way to express themselves, and have fun. I agree with chaiteamomma, it's pretty sad to make the ASSumption that she's going to be a stripper because of it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:19 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My DD is 9. And as Cassi said, if its not an everyday occurrence and done with taste then its perfectly fine. I don't see how getting prettied up for a special occasion is going to turn her into a stripper later in life! She's learning how to put on makeup and look pretty. IMO a lot of girls miss that lesson and then have no idea how to wear makeup without overdoing it.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:22 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Holy Hell! Fake fingernails! Yep, she's gonna be working a pole soon. Good lord.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 5:24 PM on May. 1, 2011

• What is wrong with dressing her child nicely and girly???? My dd is 4 and I put sparkly make up on from time to time and paint her nails. And I fix her like a "big girl" it's scrunched using hairspray. And I think that is a great idea for a birthday party
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 5:37 PM on May. 1, 2011

• What the hell is your problem? Yep just another SM trying to butt in on how a REAL mom takes care of her child. Why don't you mind your own business? Nothing you have said sounds wrong to me and it's kinda weird that you would say a 9 year old is going to grow up to be a stripper.
    Anonymous