What age did your kids start needing and using deodorant?

What kind did you buy them to start with?

I had my 5 1/2 year old sitting on my lap yesterday and noticed she has stinky pits! WTF?! I had NO idea she would need it so soon! Is that even normal?

Her dad is a HEAVY sweater.... I truly hope she isn't going to take after him. :(

She is already very tall (wears a size 7-8 because she is SO tall and has a long torso and legs) and I fear she may be an early bloomer. Uh oh! lol

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 3:56 PM on May. 1, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think it depends on each kid as children develop differently. My ten year old niece just started to need some and her mom took her down to the store and they both picked out one that they thought smelled nice. I thought that was great.
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 4:00 PM on May. 1, 2011

• well if she needs it then she needs it, I would get her some so she dosnt become the stinky kid at school! and also make sure she is washing properly, and daily.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 4:10 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Yeah, my kid was an early bloomer, now she's 14 years old and 5' 8" tall! She was pretty young when she got her first deoderant. I just took her to the store and let her pick out something and I think she got Teen Sprit because it was in cute thing.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 4:11 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My daughter's 2nd grade teacher used to teach 3rd grade and she told me that in 3rd grade the kids NEED to be wearing deodorant (not that most of them are). She said that by the end of the day the classroom smelled so bad. I recently got my daughter her first deodorant, her pits were a little stinky.....she's 8.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:17 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My kids don't need it yet.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 1:06 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My son is 8yrs old and he does use it...
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 5:45 PM on May. 3, 2011

• my niece was 7 when she started to need it
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 4:27 PM on May. 7, 2011