Tips to clean around toilets?

I use my swiffer for the floors, but it seems like I'm always struggling getting any hair, dust, or small TP clumps on the floor around the toilet. What are your tips to clean around the toilet?

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 4:05 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Baby wipes. They work wonders and then you just throw them away :)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 4:06 PM on May. 1, 2011

• vinegar and water in a spray bottle and a rag and a lil elbow grease!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:16 PM on May. 1, 2011

• yeah i have to actually get down there and clean it with rag and cleaner...... and in my tile grout, UGH.
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 4:18 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I just get down and wipe it down with cleaner and a rag and get the tough spots with an old toothbrush.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 4:24 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I use the swiffer and the go back and use a Clorox wipe to get what is left.
    AnAnxiousHeart

Answer by AnAnxiousHeart at 5:36 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Toothbrush and soapy water... Its gross to get down there and do it, but its not as gross as letting it stay. Also magic erasers get EVERYTHING clean, my husband and I swear by them!
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 5:43 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I mop before I sweep. The wet mop gathers everything into clumps, makes it stick together and then when the floor is dry I take my broom and sweep up the clumps.
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 6:01 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I use a spray bottle with hot water and bleach, then I use my cloth moth to clean it. I practically use mild bleach to clean everything, especially the toilet.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:35 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I also use baby wipes to wipe around the base of the toilet, around the outside of the bowl, the seat, the lid. They are designed for pee and poo, after all.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:44 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Cleaning spry and paper towels and plenty of elbow grease...
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:56 AM on May. 3, 2011