My contractions really hurt, I don't know about hospital hurt....

It hurts really bad alot when my stomach is NOT tight too..... when it is tight it hurts but after the tightening is gone i eel like i have a bad stomach ache, does this normally happen with contrctions? I have just had so many baxton hicks for weeks i'm not sure what this is

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 4:10 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would wait to go to the hospital until your contractions are painful, 4 minutes apart, lasting roughly a minute, and this pattern lasts at least an hour. This is what my doctor told me and it has been great advice!

There have been several times where my contractions were coming every 4-5mins and I thought it was *time*. Then they stopped after 30mins to an hour later. I've had times where they've been painful too, but I've learned to not get my hopes up without everything checking out to what the doctor said because they have gone away every time.

An easier way to remember it is 4-1-1 :] Good luck momma!
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:53 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Drink your some water and lay down and see if that helps.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 4:27 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I waited until my contractions were 5 minutes apart before I bothered going to the hospital. It was my first kid and I knew it would take a while and it sure did. Even when they were 5 minutes apart I wasn't dialated--it took 2 more days and I finally had a C-Section.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 4:13 PM on May. 1, 2011

• it could b contractions so sit and time them! i didnt go to the hospital until they were 4-5 min apart!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:14 PM on May. 1, 2011