Chalkboard painted pots

I painted my pots with chalkboard paint but it seems like it sticks to the counter so what should I do to the pots so they dont stick anymore? It's been like 2 weeks since I've painted them! =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You may just have to get new pans :( I don't think you are supposed to use that kind of paint on things like that.
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 4:16 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Like flower pots?? If so, just get some sticky cork board, and put it on the bottoms of them.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:19 PM on May. 1, 2011

• oh haha, i feel stupid now, FLOWER POTS. duh
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 4:21 PM on May. 1, 2011

• You probably need to use some sort of enamel based paints, either that or paint the pots with whatever you like, then spray them with some CLEAR COAT enamel or lacquer to protect your painting as well as the counter tops- Just make sure the enamel is really good and dried when your done or it will stick to your counters too!
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 4:23 PM on May. 1, 2011

• If you paint the bottom with regular paint it won't stick and for future use, just don't paint the bottom. I love decorating my pots like that...
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:24 PM on May. 1, 2011

• yeah or just get some little foam circles and glue them to the bottom to raise the bottom of the pot off the surface
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:01 AM on May. 3, 2011