Any moms here on Xanax for anxiety disorders?

How does it make you feel when you take it? sleepy at all?

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 4:22 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Health

• If you are feeling sleepy - my suggestion would be to half it or start with a 1/4 to a 1/2.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 4:23 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I am not currently medicated. I was on xanax when I was younger, before kids and I remember taking looong naps afterward. I need something now, but don't know what is best and wouldnt make me a zombie as I am SAHM of two
    mommacierra

Comment by mommacierra (original poster) at 4:26 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I think there are other things out there to help. Try google to see about anxiety. and or ask a Dr is there something that will help, but zombie you.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 4:39 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My dh does but doesn't make him sleepy. Are you looking for something to take daily or something to take when things get overwhelming? Dh is taking Effexor daily, and Xanax when things get really bad. ( maybe once a week) it's helped him out a lot. The doctor is slowly weaning him off and hoping he will be fine.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:44 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I do. If I take to large a dose or forget I took it and have a glass of wine it makes me sleepy, otherwise it just mellows me out. Which is exactly what I need some days with a 3 yo. I should add I usually only take 1/2, but a whole one isn't unheard of, especially if hubby is around or it is a family function (family creates severe anxiety for me)
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 9:37 PM on May. 1, 2011