Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Should I call her work about her overdue bill?

I was watching a kid for a single mom. I felt sorry for her and let her get away with alot. She never picked up the kid on time, never called me to elt me know, never gave me money for him when we'd go out to eat or to museums ect, she refused to sign a contract becuase I was going to start charging her for picking her kid up late so I stopped watching him with a 1 week notice. Now she wont sign state form so I can get paid or pay her co-pay. I'll have to take her to small claims court to get my money. She is extremly rude each time I try to talk to her and wont listen to me just yells at me.


Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (15)
  • I would send her a certified letter stating she has "X days to contact me and make payments on her overdue bill and If she fails to contact me she will be taken to court". Then if she does not respond or pay, take her to court. Good luck, I hope you get your money!!

    Answer by MizLee at 5:29 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • Why would you call her work?!? Deal with it in small claims court. Her work should not be notified. None of their business.

    Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:40 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • BabyBugs is right, calling her work can be considered harassment. Send her a collections bill (Certified mail). Give an appropriate time to respond and then take her to small claims court to collect.

    Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:50 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • Small claims court might be your best bet.

    Answer by tspillane at 4:32 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • Record any and all conversations between the two of you

    Answer by vvschmitt at 4:38 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • Take her to court and let other Daycare providers know all about her. That way they don't get screwed over.

    Answer by lady-J-Rock at 4:44 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • Depends on where she works. Will they do anything about it? Also if you don't have a contract if might be tough getting your money. Sorry you are going through this.

    Answer by Shaken1976 at 4:28 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • Actually I have a form printed off by the state of illinois telling me how much i get paid by the state, how much the mom has to pay me and that it is for child care for her son, has everyones names in it and everything. I just don't know how to get through to her. I try and she just yells and wont listen to me. I am at a loss of what I should do. I hate to take her to court but i am not going to work for free.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:33 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • I think you should just go to small claims court and forget about the talking, it won't get you anywhere but annoyed.

    Answer by older at 4:35 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • Actually calling her at work can be considered a form of harassment. Stick to calling her at home and small claims court, and Agree, record everything.

    Answer by pinwheel at 4:42 PM on May. 1, 2011