Removing candle wax from the jar?

I have this candle that I've pretty much burned to the max...theres about half an inch thick of wax left in it, but I'm scared to still burn it because it's so low. However, the jar itself is nice, and I could think of about 1248494995 and a half uses for it, but I don't know how to get the wax out so I can clean and reuse it? Help?

CollegeMommy121

Asked by CollegeMommy121 at 4:41 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Go ahead and burn the candle all the way down, then put it in the freezer for at least an hour. The wax should just pop out.
    kjjones91

Answer by kjjones91 at 4:43 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I use very hot water from the tap to get mine clean. I put the jar/candle holder in a large container and fill it with the hottest tap water I can... I let the wax begin to melt away from the sides and with a knife I pull out the wax. Then I wash the jar/candle holder in hot soapy water.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 4:44 PM on May. 1, 2011

• i second the freezer idea.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:45 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I do it CallMe's way. I set the jar on really hot water and it comes out. I guess you have two options!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:47 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I always got a knife and cut around the wax. Inbetween the wax and the jar. You would go from the top down and around. I never had issues with scratches when i did that. GL!
    ps..def likin the freezer idea!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:49 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I would get a pair of tongs and boil the bottom in water until the wax melts, then dump it out.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:53 PM on May. 1, 2011