Contraction, BH contractions or something else?

I am only 25 weeks and 5 days along, but I keep getting these pains and they hurt. But it isn't all the time usually like only when I get up from a sitting position or if I am sitting straight up, but I keep getting these pains in my lower part of my belly like on each of my sides what is it? Also we have a full size van and yesterday I went to put my kids in it my 6 year old knows how to buckle herself in now, but I was buckling in my 3 year old and my nephew who is almost 3 and I was kinda bent over since it was in the van and I had to have dh finish bukleing them in because I was getting really bad pains in my belly that was shooting like up to my breast bone and it hurt so bad I couldn't even breath, but once I stood there and took very easy breaths for a few minutes it stopped hurting. I go back to the dr this Thursday for a ultrasouond because the baby is measuring way to big. What can this be? I don't want to go to the ER only for them to tell me it is nothing or that it is normal

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 4:54 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like round ligament pain. I get them all the time and man do they hurt!! If you are really concerned than give your OB a call.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:56 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I would say the same as amber1330, also as you become pregnant the ligaments that hold your hips together loosen for the upcomming delivery of your baby. When sitting, standing, or rolling over in bed you can get pains for these movements.

Make slow movements and take your vitamins.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 8:00 PM on May. 1, 2011

• It sounds like round ligament pain to me also. Especially since it only hurts in certain positions and is more on the sides. My contractions have always been either in my back, or toward the center of my abdomen. Contractions also do NOT typically occur as sudden, "shooting," pains...they start and then slowly build in intensity and then slowly fade back out. At least, that has always been my experience. I would personally say you are fine.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2011