Dear carseat safety advocates...

My son is nearly grown out of his infant seat. I want to keep him rear facing for as long as I can, but would also prefer to get a seat that will last as long as possible. (meaning, while he's rear facing and then when we turn him around as well). Any suggestions? Affordable is preferable, but if you list a pricier one, tell me what you like about it since I am open to spending more if it makes my boy safer and my life easier. Thanks!

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 5:14 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• target i think has the graco nautilus on sale for $100 today. it rf to 40 lbs and ff to 65. We have one and love it!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 5:17 PM on May. 1, 2011

• The three in 1 car seat. I brought a Eddie Bauer from target for about $120 when it was on sell. He is still in as we speak and he will be going on 3 in October(got it when he was 5 months).
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 5:18 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I recommend the Graco My Ride 65, the First Years True Fit, and the Safety1st Complete Air 65. All are between $100 and $200, all 3 will harness FF to 65 lbs, and the Graco and Safety first RF to 40, the First years RF to 35.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:23 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Both my kids have the eveflo symphony 65. I love them they rf until 35lbs and ff to 65 they then become boosters to 100
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:23 PM on May. 1, 2011

• The Graco Nautilus DOES NOT RF. It's a GREAT FF seat, but doesn't rear face.
    Krysta622

• The nautilus does NOT rear face at all. And the all in one seats are horrible. They make dangerous boosters and are outgrown in harness height before the child is ready to move on to the next stage in car seats. I would ask in the car seat safety group on here. And also look at the Britax roundabout 55 and graco my ride and complete air.
    mommyof2grls06

Answer by mommyof2grls06 at 5:25 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Wow...so many options!
    ErinHill226

Comment by ErinHill226 (original poster) at 5:36 PM on May. 1, 2011

• There are a ton of options and opinions.

We used a Britax with all 3 kiddos. It was more expensive, but considering it lasted each child from 6 months until about 4, that's not a lot per car trip.

You can always look for deals on just about anything on bizrate.com
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:01 PM on May. 1, 2011

• The seat right now that is all the rage in extended rear facing is the complete air 65... it rear faces to 40 lbs, has a really high shell, and forward faces to 65 lbs.
    Other good seats:
    Graco MyRide 65 - we have one of these for my son and he's still RF... he'll be 3 in July. It also RF to 40 and FF to 65, however, the harness isn't very tall so when he turns FF in a few months he won't have much time before he out grows the harness :(
    Radian XTSL- we own one of these as well... he could RF in the seat FOREVER I think! It RF to 45 lbs and FF to 80... but again the harness height is low... when he finally goes FF he wont have much room to grow.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:29 AM on May. 2, 2011