When did you give your child deodorant for the first time?

So my 7 year-old son takes 2 supervised showers daily. One in the morning and one at night before bed, well the other day within 3 hours of him showering he gave me a hug and I noticed he was kind of musty.So I made him take another shower and this time I gave him so deodorant, showed him how to apply it and told him to use it whenever he gets out the shower.Well this weekend he went to my mom's house and she calls me telling me he's too young for deodorant! I kindly let her know that that's her opinion but I will deal with my child's hygiene how I see fit. So my question us what age did you introduce your child to deodorant?

SimplyJassy

Asked by SimplyJassy at 5:24 PM on May. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• My oldest is 5, but I will give it to her the second she starts stinking between showers. I don't think it is a "when you're grown up enough" thing, I think it is a "when you need it" thing.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:31 PM on May. 1, 2011

• In their teens.

Answer by older at 5:25 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Mine were 8. I always thought it was a good idea for them to get used to it before they really needed to use it. My middle son is in 5th grade and most of his friends use it - it was on his list of "bring" items for their 5th grade overnight field trip.

Answer by missanc at 5:36 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Age 10, fifth grade. Both boy & girl.. is say, when acne starts to appear & everything else will start.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 5:39 PM on May. 1, 2011

• he just started a week or 2 ago. He's 10 on Thursday

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:47 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My son is 7 but has his own, travel sized, deoderant he has used since he was like 3. He likes to use it becuase daddy does and i figure it wont hurt him so why not.
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 5:52 PM on May. 1, 2011

• If he is smelly, then its time.
    Alicia10-2-08

Answer by Alicia10-2-08 at 8:57 PM on May. 1, 2011

• 7 sounds right i gave it to them so they could make it a routine so by the time they were "musty" they would already be used to wearing it and already know when to put it on. My 4 year old puts it on sometimes for fun there is no harm in it lol
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 12:05 PM on May. 2, 2011