36 Weeks and it's a Sunday night

I've been having contractions for the last hour every 5,6,7 minutes or so varying in intensity so I'm sure if I call they'll say nope you're fine. They started off the worst, last couple were mild, this most recent one's been pretty strong.

Lost my mucus plug, or part of it about 2 weeks ago, no bloody show though. Would you call? Or keep monitoring?

LoveBuggsMommie

Asked by LoveBuggsMommie at 5:25 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Take a warm shower. It will relax you and see how your contractions react to the warm water.... You typically want to wait until they are 3-5 minutes apart to head to the hospital. You do not want to sit in the hospital bed for hours, or get sent home...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:27 PM on May. 1, 2011

• If they are hurting you bad and coming at a regular basis, I would go in and risk being sent home. I would rather get sent home from the hospital than not make it to one. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:30 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Yep, every 3-5 min regularity and intensity shows its time to go. So try to relax or do something to occupy your mind/body for a little and see if that helps things subside or progress.
    twogrneys

Answer by twogrneys at 5:36 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I would keep monitoring. Sounds like my life everyday for the past 5 weeks. But everyone is different if they stay 5 min apart for an hour call and ask the doc
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 6:04 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Depends really. If its your first child normally it's a slower process so when it gets to about 4 minutes i would at least call the dr and see what he says. If its not your first i would defintely call the dr now, normally you go alot quicker.
    smadar

Answer by smadar at 11:54 AM on May. 2, 2011