How can I make some extra $$ at home so I don't have to return to work?

Baby is 8 mos old and I want to be a homemaker. Need a little extra $$ to make ends meet every month.

twogrneys

Asked by twogrneys at 5:27 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• Surveys are a great way to earn a bit of money onyour own time.
    You can also try babysitting if you love children. It only works if you love working with children.
    calliemist

Answer by calliemist at 5:31 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I have a home based business that I love(I sell Candles from Mia Bella's). I don't know what you're interested in but there are a lot of home based businesses you could look into. Some require upfront fees, some don't....you just have to do your research and be sure you know what you're getting into. I have seen a lot of people talk about surveys but from the few I've talked to about them.....they have to put in tons of time and earn very little. Check out some of the Work from Home groups...there are tons of them!! You may find something that you'd like to do. Good luck!!

Becky

http://www.howreb.scent-team.com/

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 5:34 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I love KIDS and PETS but I am dealing with my 8 mo old who is 7 weeks post-liver transplant so our dogs are being dogsat by my end laws and we cannot have any kids around for fear of germs (and rejection). Its a touchy time for my LO right now. He is doing great but we need to keep it that way.
    twogrneys

Comment by twogrneys (original poster) at 5:38 PM on May. 1, 2011

• You can sell on ebay, or you can bake, the season is coming up for yard sales, so you could buy and resell........... There are some direct sale companies that you can independently work on behalf of, but you need a vendor's license, and sometimes a small start up fee. It is possible to make a lot of money, even without signing people up under you, but it is hard work. I run my own home based bakery, I have to be in contact with our state and county on a regular basis and it is much harder in my experience than just going and working at a bakery. It has been a dream of mine so that's what I do.... The ideas to work at home are limitless however, there is insurance, license, state license, and other "legalities" in order to make you legit. Start researching online, check the BBB to make sure there are no complaints, it may be hard work to work at home but even harder to find something you love. Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 5:53 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I have a great home business that you can a little or a lot. We make 50% on everything we sell.
    Send me a message if you are interested.
    God Bless your little one!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:31 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing and small business marketing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:58 PM on May. 1, 2011

• check out earningsinabasket.com there you will find a full list of work at home jobs even free things you can join to make a few extra bucks for the month
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 9:17 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Oh wow! I can imagine that you don't want to leave your baby after have a liver transplant!! :o( Hope all is well!! :o)

I am with Internet CEO Moms and we have been helping moms work from home since 1999! We do not sell anything, throw parties, keep inventory, etc... Our team has endless support and tons of training! I have been with this team for 2 years now and I have to say that joining has been a huge blessing to my family and I. I have made some awesome friends along the way and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Check out my website and get all of the details so you can make an educated decision on if this right for you or not. :o) www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    Also, check out Internet CEO Moms Official Fan page at www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com

Good Luck in your search!

~Alyssa M.
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 9:46 PM on May. 1, 2011

• There are lots of ways. Some of them are complicated and require you to put up money in the beginning, sell stuff, have parties, etc.. I stay away from all that.  I work for a handful of companies online and I make a respectable amount of money every month. It's not going to make you rich or anything, but you can help your family budget in a big way. http://freewebs.com/free2workathome

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:30 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Wow, you do have your hands full. One thing I have appreciated from my home business is that I have the gift of time, time to take the kids to the Dr., time to chaperone their school trips, time to be home when they get home from school. I love helping people get the gift of time and money. I do that by training them to do what I do. If you want some hobby money or replace an income, my business can help you achieve it. Having a business that is in line with timings and trends is sooooo important. My business is with a company called Arbonne International. I have been blessed and I want to pass this blessing on. Please check out my web site www.marywozniak.myarbonne.com as well as the corporate site www.arbonne.com. I look forward to hearing from you...have a super day!
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 1:22 PM on May. 2, 2011