Mothers day

I don't not get along with my mil, at all. Dh won't buy her anything, not that he doesnt love her, he just tends to forget those things, so I will end up having to pick it out. I have no clue what to get her. I can't tell you how many times we have bought her jewelry or picture frames or even really nice bowls and they have just been put into storage. I have no clue what to get her, and I hate gift cards. So impersonal and knowing her, she would forget about it, and it'd go to waste. Any ideas?? She doesn't NEED anything. IMO, she boarders on hoarding. I am so not looking forward to next weekend with her....

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 5:47 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Holidays

• How about a plant in a nice planter
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:52 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Give her cash. Impersonal or not, at least it won't be put into storage where it doesn't do any good. Or a bouquet of flowers if she's into that sort of thing.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:49 PM on May. 1, 2011

• suggest your dh just take her to dinner, and have your dh pick up some flowers for her. she'd probably enjoy the company more than stuff she's just going to stow in storage or give away. its probably been a while since he did anything like that, without you or your kids..i know its been years for my dh/mil to have a date.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:50 PM on May. 1, 2011

• edible arrangements, snookies cookies, something to eat that she likes (done fancy)?
    or take her to brunch!
    twogrneys

Answer by twogrneys at 5:50 PM on May. 1, 2011

• One year I asked one of my sons to clean my car inside and out--that's a good Mother's Day gift!
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 9:08 PM on May. 1, 2011