Do you get 'personal days' off at work? how does that work?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 5:53 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• I get 80 hours of personal time and 80 hours of vacation time. Personal time by our policy is for things that cannot be planned for and cannot be done during business hours like home repairs or appointments, doctor appointments, etc. It's not supposed to be used for vacation time and planned in advance (like weeks in advance) like a vacation would be, unless it was for a health related leave or something to that affect.
    mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 3:34 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Where I work if I need a personal day off I have to request it a week in advance, before the new schedule is posted. Unless I request it as a vacation day they schedule it as my regular day off.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 5:56 PM on May. 1, 2011

• We can use them anytime, example sick kiddo needs to stay home. If your gone for more then one day then the sick time kicks in - so, you don't have to go without being paid.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 6:02 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I get my days at the beginning of the year and can use them however I want for the year.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 6:24 PM on May. 1, 2011

• No personal days, only 2 weeks vacation time. if I or my kids are sick, I either use a vacation day or take off unpaid.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 1:53 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Check your employee handbook

Answer by rkoloms at 8:01 PM on May. 1, 2011