Oh the irony! (partial vent)

So, my DH wanted me to quit work for the longest time. LONGEST TIME. He wouldn't shut up about it, constantly begging to be a stay at home wife and mother.
So, long story short...he's a complete ass, abusive, and selfish...we finally decided to separate for 3 months and see how things go, but I'm almost 100% sure I'll file for divorce.
Anyways, last night, I ask him "why do you treat me the way that you do?" He told me he resents me because I'm a stay at home mom and wife. SERIOUSLY! SERIOUSLY! I fucking quit work for you, because you wouldn't leave it alone until I quit. And him knowing that I wouldn't enjoy it because I told him over and over again that I don't have the personality to stay at home. But, obviously, my word is never fucking good enough.

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 6:03 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• oh you are preaching to the chior on this one he would say stuff like your work is at home and when I needed money say its mine and why don't you get a job. So i am single now it never changes.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:08 PM on May. 1, 2011

• what a jerk off
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 6:11 PM on May. 1, 2011

• you said he's abusive...that explains why he doesnt reason with anything like when he asked you to be a stay at home mom, abusive people, not all, but some, NEVER take the blame for anything, its always someone else's fault.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:35 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My ex-husband wanted me to keep climbing the corporate ladder and make more and more money for us because he wouldn't get a better job or even a second job (even though I wasn't "ALLOWED" to get a second one), but still resented me for making more money than he did.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:54 AM on May. 2, 2011

• That's a common case of controlling. He tells you what to do, calls you names, blames you for his decisions. Control freak.
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 12:12 PM on May. 2, 2011