Vacuum Cleaner

I need to buyanew vacuum cleaner. I prefer an upright model.

Anyone here recommend a good one?

Thank you for the input Ladies ;-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• i swear to goodness, it was the best purchase ever when I got a dyson. My hubby talked me into it. It was expensive but you would not believe the stuff it picks up! I was disgusted. We vacuumed with the old one first then went back over it with the dyson, and I almost died!
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 6:19 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I got my Dyson 5 years ago. Darn thing still runs like the very first day I used it. And I agree with PP. The Dyson picks up stuff that you would not believe the stuff it picks up.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:40 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I have a dyson we bought it back in 2008 I think. Anyways the wand part sucks up everything but the head of the vaccum doesnt seem to pick much up at all,maybe it's just year of that vaccum. I think it was the very first dyson model.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:42 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I wish I had one of those new kirbys
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:43 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Dyson Animal 28. I've had just about every one on the store shelves and even a Kirby....nothing works like a Dyson!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:12 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I'm a vacuum freak! I vacuum every other day, no joke. My biggest ire is to walk on a floor and have something stick to my foot, or step on a crumb. I love my Hoover Windtunnel (WITH BAG). I've had all kinds of bagless vacs, and they kill my allergies with the dust that escapes from them. It's also very dusty to empty the bagless chambers in the bagless vacs. Anyway, the Hoover Windtunnel is the best vac I've ever owned. They have these Fabreeze scented bags now too! So when I vac, it makes the whole house smell fresh! GL!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 7:15 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I'm in love with my Dyson. Expensive but well worth it. It really has helped cut down the dust in our house.
    But one day, it would be awesome to have a kirby since they also are carpet cleaners... but they are INSANELY pricey...
    jess_merrick874

Answer by jess_merrick874 at 8:14 PM on May. 1, 2011

• MarGee--Have you cleaned it properly? Mine did that and I took it apart and there was something stuck in the one tube and now it works like new again.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:16 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Kirby. Yes, if you buy new they are expensive. I bought 1 new for $1500 about 15 years ago. It's still working like new. I bought another at a resale shop for $120 w/shampooer & attachments. Works like new. I have one on each floor of my house. Check auctions, ebay, craiglist for a used one.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:43 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I hear the Dyson is great. Dirt Devil is cheap, and it's not very good.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:42 PM on May. 2, 2011