Nervous about 10 year class reunion

I am kind of nervous about our class reunion that is next month. I get more nervous the closer it get. I was the quiet one in school(was voted the most quiet in our senior class) and my husband was the football star that everyone loved. I am scared that when the day come that he will be surrounded by friends and I will be standing there looking stupid. Does this make since to you? I been hoping he will change his mind about going, but he is so excited to see all his high school buddies. Has any of you ladies ever felt this way?

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 6:20 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• i think this would be a good thing for you to do to get over the shyness. And your hubby picked you for a reason and i'm sure he won't leave you there standing alone. Go and have fun!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:33 PM on May. 1, 2011

• You shouldn't feel this way, who knows you might have a great time. I just got together with high school friends that I had not seen in 42 years, it was an awesome time.

Answer by older at 6:22 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Interesting. I was the quiet studious one too and my husband was the football player with lots of friends. We went to different high schools though. My 30th reunion is coming up in June, but I'm not going 'cause I absolutely hated high school.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 6:26 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I was nervous about mine but wow now we had our 20 yr and we look at our pics from the 10 yr and realize how good we all still looked then LOL. Have a great time and remember everyone there probably feels the same way you do.

Answer by gemgem at 6:42 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Tell your husband about how you feel. Like someone here already very nicely said, he picked you for a reason. Maybe work our a deal... like if you don't feel comfortable after a certain amount of time, you can discretely leave?

I didn't go to mine. I don't really remember why.

saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 6:46 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I can see what you're saying, and I admit that I didn't go to my 10th or my 20th reunion, because, frankly, most of the people that I wanted to see either didn't go to my school, graduated a year before or after me, or weren't going, either, so it wasn't worth the cost and hassle for me to travel literally 1/2 way around the world to get there.

However - I can say, think how you have grown and changed over the past 10 yrs. Think about how much your dh has also grown and changed over the past 10 yrs. Every person there is going to be in the same boat - they're all going to be older and more mature, and they aren't going to act like they did in high school. How many of them know you all are married? If they know, then they're going to expect you there beside him, and if they don't know, then he can intro you to his friends - the whole "Do you remember __? We've been married __ yrs now." sort of thing :-)

you'll be great
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:36 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My 10 year might as well not have happened. It was a lat-minute, oh-by-the-way, tell-all-your-friends disaster. I'd been following my class as best I could through classmates.com and other alumni sites to find out about my reunion. I only found out about the thing about 2 hours after it had happened and was over.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:39 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Yeah I have gone to my bf highschool reunion get togethers but they aren't very fun. We have never gone to mine because I don't care at all.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:41 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I'm not shy but remember opposites attract. Just be you. You will be fine. Go and observe the group. Some people are talkers and some are watchers and that's OK.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 6:21 AM on May. 4, 2011

• oops I meant to type work "out" not work "our"
    saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 6:48 PM on May. 1, 2011