Yesterday we both admitted how miserable we were and how lonely I was so...

today instead of hanging out with ME he runs off to help his dad 2 hours away. They'll have dinner together and he'll be home tonight. I'm furious. Wth?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Guess this tells you how well he was listening, how much your feelings matter, where you stand on his priority totem pole, etc. Men suffer from selective deafness; they hear only what they want to hear. If it's unpleasant they dont hear it, that way they dont have to deal with the reality or the consequences of their actions. Him taking off & going to help his father, tells you all you need to know about how much he really cares about your feelings. The guy needs a wakeup call big time, as I think he's taken you for granted for too long now.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 10:37 PM on May. 1, 2011

• so he was understanding ab whats to change? mayeb he couldnt get out of whatever he need to help his dad with?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:35 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Who understands the language of man because its confusing! Id be pissed too.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:35 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I'm so furious I'm shaking.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:37 PM on May. 1, 2011

• And of course my anger is just more fuel to his fire that I'm the horrible person!
    Anonymous

• understanding you both are not happy , etc... but he went to help his dad! could you not have went too to get outta the house??? Or is it that he uses that excuse to get out of the house alot???
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 7:21 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Well did he have this planned already? Is he the kind of person that feels like he has to help other people, because he is not good at saying no? If you are both not happy maybe something needs to change, but I can guarentee you its not just him that needs to change. You both need to look at understanding eachother a bit more. So he went to help his dad, look at the good side, you have a husband who is a good man that will help people when they need it. Being upset is only going to make things worse, you are lonely and want more time with your husband right? Well how is getting so upset going to make him actually WANT to spend time with you? Be a little more understanding of him, treat him kindly and lovingly and selflessly, and he will treat you the same way back.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 8:05 PM on May. 1, 2011

• No he didn't already have it planned! His father called today and he went. Gimme a damn break LM.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:31 PM on May. 1, 2011

• i would ask him wth was all the talk about the night b4 if he was just going to do this crap all over again..
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 10:16 PM on May. 1, 2011