Smelly toilets

I clean a pretty big house and the bathroom toilets just have a funky smell to it,I use bleach and water to sterilize it and kill the germs but still it just smells weird. I make sureI wipe every inch of the toilet down that I can reach and make sure theirs no funk left behind. I've asked the owner to buy some lysol toilet bowl cleaner cause I noticed it helps a lot on some of the other homes I clean weekly. So my question is,what do you find gets a nasty toilet smell out of the bathroom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I swear, I had to move out of my apartment because of it. Turned out there was a small leak at the base and I sprayed solid bleach there weekly to get rid of the smell. Plus obviously cleaned and I put bleach tabs in.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:44 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Oh wow lol that's pretty bad. I just worrry that the home owners are gonna think I'm not doing a good job,but I spend more time tinkering around on their toilets trying to defunk the nasty smell.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:49 PM on May. 1, 2011

• How is the ventilation system. Does the bathroom have air extractor system?. Doe it have a good window?. Have you tried cleaning the tank?. Or have you tried keeping the toilet clean by buying those clorox tablets. Only use the white tablet not the blue one.The tablet goes inside the tank. One thing though, these chemicals are supposed to be harmful for the health I don't if there is a natural way to combat the problem.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 6:49 PM on May. 1, 2011

• they have a huge window in their bathroom but it goes like this giant jaccuzzi style tub,,,hug vanity, giant walk in shower then their toilet is in a tiny little closet type deal. It has a fan but its really quiet and I dont think it does much good. I do keep cloroc tablets in the tank and the tank is spotless.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:53 PM on May. 1, 2011

• What is on the floor? Carpet? I have laminate wood flooring that isn't pressed tight enough apparently because I found the odors to be coming from there. Now we are replacing it with lanoleum (however its spelled) because it got wet under it where i can clean it
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 7:05 PM on May. 1, 2011

• They have a tiled floor.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:06 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I use the bleach tablets that sit in the tank and slowly dissolve. That helped keep the clean smell longer.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:42 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Is there mold somewhere?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:20 AM on May. 3, 2011

• There might be spots that you have missed, that is all I can think of.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:55 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Pinesol. I put it in when I begin to clean the bathroom, and the toilet is the last thing I clean.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 5:08 PM on May. 4, 2011