Breastfeeding or bottle?

whats you reason for breastfeeding or not breastfeeding?

MOMMYOF4123456

Asked by MOMMYOF4123456 at 6:43 PM on May. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• I breastfed my first mainly because it was free, and I felt slightly pressured to do so. After a rough start, and coming home from the hospital being strictly formula fed, we began nursing at 5 days old and never looked back. I began to realize how wonderful breastfeeding was, how easy (once you get the hang of it), how normal, how comforting for mom AND baby, so many things, so I knew I would absolutely nurse any other kids I had. Since I knew a lot more about it, I did NOT formula feed my son in the hospital, and went to great lengths to nurse him and provide my milk while he was in NICU, both before and after my own discharge. Personally, I would not have it any other way.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:59 PM on May. 1, 2011

• dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:45 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I'm not going to be a BF Nazi and say everyone should BF. Those people annoy me. I think everyone should at least try, but again that is their choice and as long as their baby is clothed, loved, fed and sheltered, then they are alright in my book. It's a choice and I chose what I wanted to do for my babies. At first it was simply because it was free, now it is for many many others reasons.
    It's convenient, FREE, tailor made for baby's age, if baby has a vitamin deficiency your body will recognize it and put more of that vitamin into the milk.
    It can be difficult in the beginning. I BF my first son for 2 months and quit because we had positioning issues, soreness and clogs. With my second son I was mroe determined and stuck with it through all the same problems, and now we are on 10+months. I'm so glad we stuck with it. I <3 nursing
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 7:47 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Nursed my first baby till she turned one, currently nursing my 9 month old. Will always choose breast first....why? Read first poster's link. No matter what, no one can argue the fact that breast is best. And I want best for my babies. Plus, formula costs money. My breastmilk is free. And as a bonus, I get to burn calories every day while sitting on my rear feeding my child. :) Can't imagine taking any other route!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 6:55 PM on May. 1, 2011

• DS- I breast fed for 3 weeks then started to wean because I had to return to work and had no money up front to buy a pump and was under educated about my options. I felt it was my only choice being so broke. I had no idea I could get one used on ebay or rent on a sliding scale form the health department or continue to breast feed morning and night and on weekends for longer. I just ddidn't know anything.
    DD-I breast fed until I had to retun to work then I pumped and fed and breast fed until she was 9 months and she had to have at least one bottle of formula a day. I continues to breast feed when I could ( I was only part time then) and continues to do so until she was diagnosed as FTT at 10 months. Then she was breast and formula until 11 months. When she was switched to concentrated formula. I was encouraged to continue to BF but chose to stop out of guilt.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:47 PM on May. 1, 2011

• neither one of my kids would breastfeed. even had someone at the hospital try and help me and they still wouldnt. it to this day breaks my heart :(
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 6:48 PM on May. 1, 2011

• i breastfed my 1st and 3rd for about 2 weeks each, i was weak and couldn't take the pain, and both times i had trouble getting them to latch properly, and very little support from those who mattered. my 2nd never tasted a drop, and my reason was i just didn't want to. thankfully i have the right to make that choice.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:51 PM on May. 1, 2011

• haha love the vote-down from the obvious BF nazi hanging around this thread. =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:55 PM on May. 1, 2011

• All 5 of my kids are 100% formula fed because that's what I wanted to do. I had no interest in breastfeeding and have never regretted it for a moment. I have 5 of the healthiest kids I've ever met.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:06 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I BF for it is easy, and it is FREE. My DS took very well to it, so I stuck with it. :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:49 PM on May. 1, 2011