Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Collectiong back owed child support

I know Im not getting his tax return this year, because he didnt want his money going to our daughter. How would I go about collecting it? Oh he is behind 3700.

Answer Question

Asked by beautiful_life at 6:48 PM on May. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 5 (64 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Child support enforcement is your best option. If you dont want to go through them hire a lawyer and take him back to court for contempt. The judge will take it from there.

    Answer by gemgem at 6:49 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • get an lawyer.,.the state dont really help..thats what i had to do! mine is 8000 behind...good luck!

    Answer by MOMMYOF4123456 at 6:49 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • Dude, they will take his tax return for you!

    Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:50 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • My order is with cse. he didnt file this year becuase he knows our dd will get his taxes

    Comment by beautiful_life (original poster) at 6:53 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • so he didnt file a tax return because it will go to you? bad move for him. Because he has to pay it eitherway and dont file your taxes when you have to is not good.

    Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:57 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • then report him to the IRS for not filing due to child support

    Answer by kkbird at 7:16 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • Make sure to tell CSE. CSE will contact the IRS and he will lose all sorts of stuff and get fined.

    Answer by IrishMomma727 at 8:29 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • go through child support enforcement

    Answer by duwana at 12:05 AM on May. 2, 2011

  • Mine stopped filing taxes for the same reason. He gets paid under the table but little did he know they would take his current wife's tax return for his back child support. Just keep calling cs and telling them he's behind. In my x's state if he gets 3 months behind he goes to jail.

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:02 PM on May. 2, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.