Help Please, What is your opionion on this!

I have a teenager on facebook, my teenager has two accounts and I repeatly asked for her friend request on both of them to kept up on what she posts. Also, she has asked my friends for their friends requests as well I donot do not agree with that because some of them are people I chose not to associate with!

Any ideas what recourse I can take to solve this problem!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• yeah be a parent and not let her log back into facebook until you get what you asked her for. She's a kid. lay down the law mama. You pay for the computer and the internet!
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 6:52 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Typical teenager. Mine (15 year) adds, deletes, me, blocks me, and the limits what I can see.
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 6:52 PM on May. 1, 2011

• If she doesn't follow your rules then No computer.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:53 PM on May. 1, 2011

• If my 14 year old wants access to a computer at all she has to friend me on fb and give me all of her passwords. If not, no computer period.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:53 PM on May. 1, 2011

• It would be much easier if Parental Control Settings were available. Have you contacted facebook to see if they could resolve this matter?
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 6:58 PM on May. 1, 2011

• She obviously doesn't want you in her business, which in my opinion means one or two things. One - she's doing something or her friends are doing something she doesn't want you to know about OR two - she feels judged by you & feels like you are just being nosey. Try to explain to her that you will only look through her stuff if you feel there's a real reason to like you feel she's doing drugs or lying to you about something!! BUT she isn't 18 and until then she needs an adult in her life to make sure she's doing the right things to lead her into a good adult life.  I have to say - I don't have a facebook, myspace, etc. my SO doesn't and I won't allow my chil to either. Those websites cause problems & drama that can be avoided. Good Luck, Hun. 

loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 7:00 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I would not allow her to go on Facebook again, simple as that.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:02 PM on May. 1, 2011

• You don't have access to their facebook page by being on their friend list and not blocked, etc? You can't sit there with them and go through their friends list with them to see who they are friends with and have them be able to tell them who that person is?

Fine - then they don't have access to a computer at home, and their time being allowed at a friends house is limited - and even go one step further, and ask the parents of those kids to not allow your child on a computer there. Pull her internet access at school as well (you should have had to sign a form for her to go online there). Anything she needs to do on the computer, you're there by her.

As I remember telling my dd once when she was younger - "You're right - I can't MAKE you do this. And the older you get, I'll be able to make you do even less. But I CAN make your life so miserable you will have WISHED you'd done it."...

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:13 PM on May. 1, 2011

• cont

Yep, she's going to be mad, she's going to "hate you for ruining her life", and be mad because "you are in her private business" and "it's her life" and all that. That's fine. Parenting isn't a popularity contest - sometimes the best way to know you're doing the right thing is to be that mean parent, know what I mean?

If this doesn't work, you can go to the extreme measure of getting a key logger for the computer she is allowed to use, and if she breaks the rules, deal with it then - but I would try the other stuff first for a lot of reasons.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:16 PM on May. 1, 2011

• block facebook on the computer

Answer by rkoloms at 8:57 PM on May. 1, 2011