Does anyone know of any good exercises for lower stomach?

i have been working out lately mostly on my own and haven't been to the gym in a loooong time!! But it is going great and i have been losing significant weight and feeling great but i am having a hard time finding something to work my lower stomach area. I have had two c- sections and it seems like that area is the hardest to get any feeling/or loss from. i have been doing sit-ups and crunches and what not and definitely feel it in my abs and with the weight i am losing i dont want that area to not be toned.. Any one have any ideas?

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 6:55 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Health

• I have heard that the yoga PLANK position and the Side Plank are good for your lower abs. I have separated stomach muscles from carrying big babies during three pregnancies and they aren't helped at all by doing crunches or sit-ups. Try the planks. There are sites online that show you how to do them. GOOGLE Plank Positions.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:15 PM on May. 1, 2011

• thank you so much!! i will!!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 7:16 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Good luck!!! :-)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:27 PM on May. 1, 2011

• yeah i just checked out some videos and definitely gonna put it into my workout routine!! thanks!!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 7:33 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Lay on your back with your hands under your butt and your legs about 6 inches of the ground. Hold that position for 30 secs, or as long as you can, and work up to longer periods of time about 5-10 times. Or you can pull your legs into your chest and back out again. That is a reverse sit up and will do wonders for lower abs.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 7:37 PM on May. 1, 2011

• i will try that one too i totally forgot about that one we used to do it in gym class. shows how long i've been outta school!!!haha
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 7:41 PM on May. 1, 2011

• what i was taught which i think works is lay on your back and put your legs in indian style or but the bottom of your feet together if you can and do crunches.. i love doing them.. im addicted to crunches..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 9:11 PM on May. 1, 2011