Do you ever have these kind of moments?

My Dh and i were sitting outside the other day and he was playing with our dog and it has been raining really hard where we live so we have a "lake" in the back yard and we were letting the kids play in it while we were bbqing dinner. He had made the comment this would be nice to have a lake house in the summer. And all of a sudden i had this feeling it's kinda hard to describe kinda like wow i'm a grown-up and a mother and all this around me is mine we bought this we earned these things. It was this kinda nice/weird feeling and i kinda laughed and then told DH about it and he said yeah he feels that way too sometimes like it's not real that we are parents or even grown-ups. HAs anyone else had this feeling or am i just weird?

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 7:04 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Ohhh yes. Its very surreal! Wait until your kids are grown and you have grandkids and have life strike you. Its worth every minute good & bad. When my Dad died one of the last things he said to me was "Sis, its not that Im afraid of dying...its the leaving behind that I hate. Im just not done enjoying, yet." Well said my dear wise old Dad, well said!!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 7:15 PM on May. 1, 2011

• haha yep! we just got ourselves a lot at a good campground and i had that same feeling. i felt weird too. i am the youngest though and was always treated that way so it took a while for me to see myself older than everyone always treated me
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 7:10 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My friends and I were just talking about this the other week how it just seems like we were kids and here we are with our own kids. We sit back and ask when did we grow up? Its sometimes hard to believe. When your a kid its all you think about then before you know it you are.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 7:48 PM on May. 1, 2011

• thank god!! i was starting to think i was going crazy or something!! nice to know other people have these moments too!!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 7:12 PM on May. 1, 2011

• i have to agree lacyjones sounds like your dad was a smart man
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 7:17 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Yeah I think everyone has those moments. Sometimes I look in the mirror & still see that 16 yr old girl I once was.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 7:19 PM on May. 1, 2011

• so true EJKZ
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 7:51 PM on May. 1, 2011