At what age would you allow you child to

have a FB account and at what age would you let them online unsupervised?

Just curious.

LittleBirdFly

Asked by LittleBirdFly at 7:05 PM on May. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• i think it would depend on the maturity level. for me when i first read this the number that popped into my head was 15. old enough to understand what content is on their and to know the consequences of abusing it.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 7:07 PM on May. 1, 2011

• maybe jr? im not sure definitely high school but unsupervised not happening the computer is in the living room where if i want i can see and that's where its saying.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 7:07 PM on May. 1, 2011

• It depends on the child honestly. My oldest was allowed online and to have a myspace when she was around 13. But I checked it all the time. My sons were older than that. My youngest son is 11 and is allowed basically unsupervised on the comp. But we know what sites he goes to and check in on him. But he isnt allowed a FB. I think like I said it depends on the child/parent relationship, maturity, trust etc.

Answer by gemgem at 7:08 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My opinion at least 16 yrs old. and I was a friend of theirs and no one over the age of 18 as their friend unless it is family. My two little ones (8 yrs old) keep asking me for one since their friends have one. I am sorry but elementary school kids do not have any business on facebook. My step daughter didnt get her's until she turned a teenager and I dont agree with it but her mother thinks its okay. I would supervise their computer use until they were 18 yrs old.
    tgeary

Answer by tgeary at 7:10 PM on May. 1, 2011

• 15 for FB and 18 unsupervised.. once they are an adult they will have their own computer and i will consider them an adult who can take care of themselves.
    if i catch my girls in a chatroom their ass is grass!
    Anonymous

• thats a good question, i dont really have a good answer bc my oldest is 9 and wants one! i told him no that he is too young, i might consider it at 13 or so! as far as unsupervised idk!!
    MOMMYOF4123456

Answer by MOMMYOF4123456 at 7:44 PM on May. 1, 2011

• 13 and never unsupervised.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:03 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Depends on the maturity level and trustworthiness. Maybe 10. Very easy for me to say since mine are 6 and 7.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:04 PM on May. 1, 2011

• not sure, mine are 3 and 4 mounths old lol.
    so who knows what will be out by then
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:10 PM on May. 1, 2011

• 13
    duwana

Answer by duwana at 12:04 AM on May. 2, 2011