Adoption......................

why does it have to be sooooooooooo expensive when there are so many women that dont want their babies?? i want to adopt soooo bad but its so much!!!

MOMMYOF4123456

Asked by MOMMYOF4123456 at 7:13 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Adoption

• I agree with Sthrn Roots, most birthmom's wanted their child and really felt like they couldn't do it for one reason or another. I also agree on the money issue. The baby business is huge. And they do have trained counselors who will make adoption look like the only good option. It's all about money. I would agree with trying foster care. My neighbor adopted all her kids by fostering them first. They were all in horrible situations. All of them are in college and great well balanced adults.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:38 PM on May. 1, 2011

• sorry to hea rthat. I dont even know how much it is? I wonder why it is so much, arent they supposet to be happy to fine a loving home for them?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:14 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Adoption is a for-profit business. Agencies want to make money and so, they charge lots of money to facilitate adoptions. They get away with it because the supply of adoptable babies is way less than the demand for newborns.

Just so you know there are NOT many women who do not want their babies. Most mothers who relinquish babies to adoption do so because they are in difficult situations. Moms who relinquish babies rarely do not want them, but, they may feel as though they not be able to care for them and give them what they believe they deserve. Plus, many moms who relinquish babies and scared, confused and do not really understand the true consequences of adoption.

Adoptions from foster care are NOT expensive, from what I hear.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 7:23 PM on May. 1, 2011

• dont give up just try at a foster home every child is expensive but you never no if this is what you want then i say save every penny and talk to them and see what can they arange for payments wich i realy dont uderstand why anyone would have to pay for a child i dont get it
    jack90

Answer by jack90 at 7:28 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Sometimes foster care is permanent, sometimes not. My next door neighbor fostered 26 children. The last child she fostered was 2 yo when she got him and he is now 29 and her model child. He knows how good he got it and he shows his gratefulness everyday in a million little days. He takes her to Dr apt, church, sweeps, all the thing her own blood children wont do. Adopting the right toddler might be a possibility. I've also heard it is easier to adopt a child if you are not as picky about race and background... I would love to foster, but my hubby has a thing about blood children. to me, a child is a child.
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 8:13 PM on May. 1, 2011

• you could adopt a 2 or 3 year old from children's services who's family is AWFUL
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 7:17 PM on May. 1, 2011

• i didnt mean to be downing women..i see you are passionate about this subject! I know there are alot of women who get confused about giving their baby up so i understand what you mean..i have done some research on adoption but i dont have all the facts.
    MOMMYOF4123456

Comment by MOMMYOF4123456 (original poster) at 7:35 PM on May. 1, 2011

• my great-grandmother rest her soul had a foster care center and she was the board leader. She had over 200 kids in and out of her home! my only concern with foster care is that its not a permanent thing! Also with adoption i heard the person giving their baby up for adoption has up to 3 years to come back for their baby in the usa! is this true?
    MOMMYOF4123456

Comment by MOMMYOF4123456 (original poster) at 7:42 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Like I said, they were foster kids and she adopted them, that IS permanent.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:24 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I don't know if this helps you, but my sister in law adopted 2 children. There were a lot of fees at first, but tax credits after. So if you can find a way to get access to say $10,000 for a while (that's what it cost them approx. from China), you'll get a lot of it back later.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:36 PM on May. 1, 2011