Question for women who have had their tubal ligation. adult content

Did you have really messed up periods after having it done? I had a c-section 7 weeks ago, had my tubes done the same time I was in surgery having the baby, and now it's like my periods are all messed up. I googled websites and they say that you will still have normal menstruation, but I've had 2 periods in 2 months! I stopped post partum bleeding after 3-4 weeks, had my period a week later, stopped for a week, now I'm having it again!!! This is awful! Did this happen to anyone else? Did you go back to having a normal, once a month period, or am I doomed to have a messed up cycle now?

Nanixh

Asked by Nanixh at 7:19 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Health

• I had my tubed tied and that didnt happen with me. However I did have other problems. I have PMDD now and they say 1 in 4 women who get their tubes tied gets it. Talking to my RL mom friends almost all of us have it, so I think it is more than 1 in 4. It sucks. If I had known then what I know now I would not have tied my tubes.

Answer by gemgem at 7:23 PM on May. 1, 2011

• mine r so not normal...... 06 had mine...and About every 8 mos I will have a 3 day period. (and no I havent went back to the dr about it ... shame on me right...lol)
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 7:23 PM on May. 1, 2011

• When I first started getting periods after my tubal they were so messed up. Heavy, painful, irregular. They are getting better now, it's been two years.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:27 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My periods were okay. but the cramps was horrible. I still have it around the same time and it last its normal 2 days.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:32 PM on May. 1, 2011

• If it doesn't get regulated within a couple of months, I would get it checked. It takes awhile for the body to get back on track. Keep taking vitamins and eat well. I remember having to keep pads with me all of the time because out of the blue and with no regularity it would start. I am now regular to the day. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 7:36 PM on May. 1, 2011

• If you are breastfeeding, that will make your periods cease too. I do not remember having any problems after my procedure, done a day or two after I gave birth a second time.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 8:51 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Haha, thanks for your comments ladies. Sounds like there is no 'norm' after having a tubal. The PMDD thing doesn't sound too fun though =( I really hope I don't get it. I've only heard about it here and there so I don't really know too much about it. Guess I'll have to Google that too. I am breastfeeding, but I've never been one of those lucky ladies who has no flow. I have to say I am kind of regretting doing it now, but I'm sure I'll be okay with it sooner or later. It's not that I think I might want more children in the future or anything, I just don't want crazy hormones going out of control and a change in my monthly cycle, that sucks!
    Nanixh

Comment by Nanixh (original poster) at 9:53 PM on May. 1, 2011

• yes I did and my doctor finally put me on a birth control pill and my periods have been every 3 weeks now
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2011