Quick Question. Daughter weighs 25 pounds. Should I buy 3t clothing for her?

My daughter is two years old. Turned two, March 5. She only weighs 25 pounds. Looking to buy her some news outfits. Last time I brought her 3t from the store it is was kind of big. The summer time, is almost here. And maybe she'll pack on some pounds. idk. think I should get 3t or just go back to buying 24 month clohing? I dont help.

ChloesMom030509

Asked by ChloesMom030509 at 7:46 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How do 2T fit her now? If they are starting to be a little snug, then I'd move up to 3T. I never was one to buy too big clothing because I knew that she'd eventually fit into it.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:47 PM on May. 1, 2011

• i think if 3t is still to big don't buy them or if you really just want to get her some play ones from a garage sale and see if she grows into them and then go and buy new ones.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 7:50 PM on May. 1, 2011

• There is a difference between 24 months and 2T. My son will be 2 in at the end of May and is 28 pounds and I buy him 2T as 3T is too big and 24 month just fits.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:54 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Id eye up the clothes first. Then read the lable that tells you the equivelent for the height and weight
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:08 PM on May. 1, 2011

• my 2 year old weighs 30lbs - he is in 3t but he is tall.. i think height is a little more important than weight when it comes to clothes.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:22 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My 2 1/2 yr old weighs 26 lbs and he can still wear 18-24 months if they are shorts (pants are too short) and 2T shirts. I would go by what size fits her don't worry about what the size on the tag says. She more than likely won't grow out of it before summer is over. Maybe you should just get enough for 1/2 the summer in case she grows! haha idk
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 8:41 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I'd go with 2T.. maybe 3t for pants if she is tall.. 2t shirts are longer but otherwise should fit the same as 24 months.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:04 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My son is 2 1/2 and is 27lbs. He's in 18-24 months for shorts and 3t in shirts. We have a few belts for him as he has to wear at least 2T jeans or they're too short.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 10:00 PM on May. 1, 2011

• 3T might be really big... and like with my son he goes backwards in summer clothing because he doesn't need the length... he'll be 3 in July and he wears 3T in most things.... but this summer he'll wear 2T shorts.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:35 AM on May. 2, 2011