So my SO went golfing....

and I took my daughter shopping so she could spend her allowance. Then we came home and I vacuumed. SO came home and plopped himself on the couch while I did 3 loads of laundry and dishes. Isn't it freaking annoying when they go play and come home and expect you to be their damn maid?!

emmyandlisa

Asked by emmyandlisa at 7:57 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• yes very much but i would have taken that moment to relax a little then too!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 7:58 PM on May. 1, 2011

• toss some laundry on him and tell him you're gonna go take a bath lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 7:59 PM on May. 1, 2011

• It doesnt really bother me, but I consider all the household chores my job, I am a SAHM, I would think of going out shopping as something fun for me and dd too, so it wouldnt seem too unfair to me. My husband doesnt go out to do something fun very often though.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 8:00 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Quit being the maid. Just say no.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:14 PM on May. 1, 2011

• That's most men! Dh will come home and lay around while I chase the kids, or pick up from dinner, or give the kids baths... Oye the things we put up with! :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:59 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I left after ten years.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:01 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I got my husband to fry the bluegills, load the dishwasher and wash the dishes that didn't fit in the dishwasher... I asked him to. He said ok. I just asked him 'why did you do the dishes?' He said to help out. He did try to get out of it but I held him to it. :)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:12 PM on May. 1, 2011

• A) golfing is extremely tiring, if you've ever done it you would understand.
    B) no one maid you play "maid". You could have relaxed.
    C) you could have asked nicely if he would help you.
    D) if you are a SAHM, sorry... but it falls under the job description.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:23 PM on May. 1, 2011

• It's aggravating, my dh does it too. Although I am a SAHM, I do wish he would do a little more to help. But honestly, I when he came in and sat down to relax, I would have to. House work can wait, enjoy some time with your family.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:11 PM on May. 1, 2011

• i would be mad also..but then again next time you should sit and do nothing and when he asks for something say ..ughh no im too tired..lol
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 10:15 PM on May. 1, 2011