How long until you sale baby stuff?

How long will you hold onto baby items until you sell, even when you plan on having more?
(Highschair, bouncer, baby swing, stroller system)

My dd is 4.5yo.. We plan on having more, but dont know if we should keep holding onto some stuff.

Does anyone know how long to hold onto an infant carseat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on May. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• I sold all but my favorite things after 3 years, as for carseats, i don't hold them. I give them to a friend as soon as we outgrow ours... most expire in 5 years.. check the dating
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:02 PM on May. 1, 2011

• car seats expire 6 years from the date they were made, I'd get rid of it
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:01 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Yes car seats expire so if you decide to sell it you need to let the buyer be aware of how old it is. As for all the other stuff if you want to re-use it keep saving it.... I would personally keep if you plan on having more anytime soon and replace it at that time if you decide. I am not in a financial position to go out and buy all new baby gear if I needed though
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 8:04 PM on May. 1, 2011

• NEVER!! Im keeping it all till the day i die. Everytime i sell their baby stuff i end up pregnant lol, so its staying till i pass on.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:02 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I honestly would hold onto everything until you know for a fact you are done having kids. My dh and I sold all our baby stuff my youngest is 3. I mainly sold cause I got mad at dh one day lol. I told him we couldn't have anymore kids now cause I sold everything lol. He was like well we will buy everything new. I am 26 weeks pregnant now and struggling to get what we need to. It is hard when you have nothing trying to buy everything especially when you have 2 other kids that need summer clothes and a birthday party and then the baby stuff. I wish we didn't sell ours. I even wish I would have save my girls' baby clothes. This time I don't plan on selling anything until I know for a fact we are done even then I may save to hand down to my grandkids or to keep at my house for when I have grandkids.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:53 PM on May. 1, 2011

• some things i kept (the bigger stuff and things like a sweater my aunt sewed etc).. i donated old toys though and some clothes.

i was grateful i did after i found out i was pregnant with my second. now though... i dunno, after marissa is done i think i'll end up selling most of the rest. only things i'll keep is the crib and high chair and momento like things (like the sweater a few dresses because the girls can use them for their teddy bears)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:57 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I held onto my stuff for a long time... after number two it was a good thing I did because we ended up having another baby a couple years later- surprise! My youngest is now 4 and I have gotten rid of the clothes and baby toys, but still have some bigger items to get rid of... I am planning a yard sale later on in the month, and anything unsold will be donated.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:06 PM on May. 1, 2011

• until I cant! I let God choose my kids! I keep all that is still safe and good!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:31 PM on May. 1, 2011