Withdraws from Wellbutrin ??

I've been on wellbutrin 150 mg for a few years now.... I currently decided to get off of them. I've having some withdraws. I was wondering what withdraws people have experienced from wellbutrin ?

Thanks for your opinion about the cold turkey ordeal - I understand it :)  I was really wanting to know from the people that experienced the withdraws - what it felt like to you ???

loudnproud87

Asked by loudnproud87 at 8:02 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Health

• Um, I hope you didn't do it cold turkey because that is BAD! My friend had, it's hard to explain, but she said it was like a tick in her brain. It's just really bad to cut cold turkey.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:03 PM on May. 1, 2011

• did you talk to your doctor before going off? It is NEVER a good idea to go off a medication without dr's supervision
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:04 PM on May. 1, 2011

• yeah i agree with the no going at it cold turkey you can do alot of damage that way. talk to your doctor about stepping down gradually
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 8:06 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I've had the tick in my brain while on it. I explained it as my brain was "flipping" while I was on wellbutrin. I had real bad tumors while I was on it too.
    loudnproud87

Comment by loudnproud87 (original poster) at 8:07 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Emmy- that "Tick" is associated with noepinephrine re-uptake inhibitors (like Cymbalta). It is not associate or know to be a side effect from buproprion hydorchloride (wellbutrin). It is actually a non-stimulant anti-depressant, which has great success with smoking cessation as well.

Anyway. Yes, when quitting it cold turkey, I had a couple side effects. I was pissy- like I was PMSing. Had a mild headache and in increased appetite.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:19 PM on May. 1, 2011