Anniversary gift ideas???

DH and I will be celebrating on the 11th. I am a SAHM with no money of my own. Does anyone have any good gift ideas that don't cost a lot of money? Thanks!!

AngieBry

Asked by AngieBry at 8:29 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• You can make an 8x8 hardback photo album at Walmart.com for $20. They turn out really well.

You could make a special dinner - is there anything your DH loves but you don't make very often? Make it, and serve it with a little fancy flair - table cloth, nicer plates, candles, wine glasses or nicer stemware... not breaking out the hand-wash only china (but you can!), just enough that he will take note of the special meal you cooked without you needing to toot your own horn ;-)

Congrats to you and DH!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 8:35 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I pranked my dh all day! I always find ways to scare him or make him laugh every once in a while. But i did back to back pranks and we laughed ALL day... though he didnt like the 4 alarm clocks that went off 1 mins after another in the middle of the night haha. But we had a very nice sheet playing time i just did something extra special and new and men love that! If your not a pranking kind of family maybe have someone watch your kids for the night and do popcorn and a movie give him a nice back rub a nice suprise?

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 8:44 PM on May. 1, 2011

• What do you mean by "no money of your own"? All money should belong to you AND your husband, you should have access to that money at ANY time, and without having to ask permission to do so. Any large purchases should always be discussed, but for day to day needs, & gifts for special occasions, you should not have to ask for any. I'm not saying this is your case, but it sounds almost like you have to ask your DH for money if you need it. As for gift suggestions; I usually buy DH something NFL or NASCAR related, since those are his 2 favorite things.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 10:13 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Make him a coupon book. My DH especially likes the
    -Good for one backrub
    -One weekend day of sleeping in
    -One night with complete control of the remote
    -One kid free NASCAR race (or football, hockey, basebal, golf game-whatever he's in to)
    coupons and uses them frequently. They are fun to make too, just need some index cards, ribbon, etc.
    daina82

Answer by daina82 at 10:54 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I would just write him a very nice letter (even though we ain't got money, I'm so in love with you honey) ;p
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:30 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Thanks for all the great ideas, ladies!!!!
    AngieBry

Comment by AngieBry (original poster) at 2:13 PM on May. 2, 2011