Have you ever felt like your mom favor another child over you?

It seems like my mom favor my little sister over me. This has been going on since I was in high school(10 years ago). Lately it has been bothering me a lot. I should be used to it by now, but I'm not. She always have something negative to say to me. She been complaining that my clothes are too tight(just had a baby) and I need to buy bigger clothes but when I buy bigger clothes she fussing because they are too big. My little sister is overweight and she wear shirts where her stomach hangs out the bottom but mom never say anything to her. Today I went to church and she tells the ladies there that I can't control my kids, she is constantly belittling me about everything. She just called my older sister complaining about what I wore to church. I am just tired of the bull-corn. Ever felt this way?

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 8:30 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• my mother complains about everything i do and is constantly mean to me. she think my sister (who can't think without a man telling her how) is absolutely wonderful and she isn't even her real child. i live with her so it makes it horrible. i'm hoping to move 2 hours away next year.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 8:36 PM on May. 1, 2011

• YEA MY MOM IS THE SAME WAY EVERY LIL THING BOTHERS HER SHE ALWAYS COMPLAINS THAT I NEED I BIGGER BRAW AN SAYS ALL THE TIM PUT AWAY THOSE BOOBS WHEN IM HARDLY SHOWING ANY THING MY MOM ALWAYS SAY REAL BAD STUF ABOUT ME AN SH IS VARY JUGEING MY LIL SISTER IS PERFECT TO HER I GESS SHE HATES MY HUSBAND N SHE ALWAYS TRYS TO GOSIP TO TEAR US APART I NO WHAT YOU MEAN MY MOTHER GETS LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME
    jack90

Answer by jack90 at 8:39 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My brother and I are 12 yes apart. Yet, I'm expected to be the responsible one. I'm divorced with three kids, making it on my own. My brother is married to a thing, that can't keep a job, etc. But oh, let's all feel sorry for him!
    I could go on and on with examples.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:41 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Forgot to mention I'm the little sister.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:43 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Oh yes. My brother who is 17mo older than me. He is just like them & I seem to be the exact opposite. I wonder if a lot has to do with him needing them & me not. When he was released from prison at 19, he quickly shacked up with a girl. Again & again they would lose their place, so they all moved in with us (+3 kids). Then my parents bought a house to rent out & they ended up moving in rent free. She left him & then he left for a while and my parents moved from OH to SC...he now lives 3 miles away from them in a house they bought. They are always buying him food & cigarettes or he's there bumming from them. His 1st & 2nd wife left him & so did his last girlfriend & he doesn't have a job...can only assume parents are again paying his way. That's not even touching the years of physical abuse I got from him that parents did nothing about because they didn't believe me...still don't.

I could continue, but I'm emotionally drained.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:15 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Oh yes...my mom favors our older sister, and she treats her pretty bad, talks to her any kind of way too, but my mom still roll out that red carpet for her.
    Anonymous

• My mother has always favored my brother, he'll claim she doesn't and that he's never felt like she favors him and my mother will deny it but if you ask my dad, cousins, aunts, uncles, and my grandmother when she was still alive they all agreed they could tell my mother favors my brother. As children my brother got away with everything, I simply got nothing. I was ignored unless she was pissed off. She told me how she always wanted sons, never daughters and that I've ruined every birthday and holiday for her. As a child and even now I have no memory of her ever telling me she loves me and yet other relatives have said she would talk about me and say she was proud of me but she has never said it to my face. In her eyes my brother does no wrong, sure she gets irritated with his attitude from time to time but other than that he's as close to perfection as a human can get.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:23 PM on May. 1, 2011

• OMG!!! You nailed it for me. My mom favors her other 3 kids over me. She tells people she has 3 kids while my stepdad tells people he has 4 kids. There is something wrong with that picture. When I had my 2nd daughter she wasn't there the day I had her because sjhe didn't want to use her vacation days to come see us. Now my baby is gettiung baptized and she isn't coming because she wants to go help my pap plant flowers. Seriously that can't wait until another weekend. Any time I make plans with her she always cancels. One time I made plans to go shopping and she cancelled an hour before we were to go saying she wanted to spend the dfay with her family. If she doesn't show up it will be a very long time before I talk to her again. I could go on and on but I'm too pissed off right now.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 9:28 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I know Sassy my sister is 2 years younger and my mom is still paying her bills and taking care of her child. I feel like she need to get on her ass and stay off mine.
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 8:43 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Yep I do. My mother abandoned me as a baby and told my father he'd never see me/find me. He got custody of me on my first birthday. I have a half sister that is 4 years younger than me that Mommy Dearest raised.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:01 PM on May. 1, 2011