Do you spring clean?

Do you do a big spring clean once a year, or do you do it more often?

In the spring and fall, I go through closets to purge outgrown seasonal clothes and shoes. Throughout the year I try to keep up with most of the household chores and do bigger jobs like window washing a couple of times a year.

What is your routine?

RedRowan

Asked by RedRowan at 8:59 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I tend to be in a cleaning mood in the spring... I don't set aside special time to "Spring Clean" I am not as crazy as Danny Tanner but I do love to clean up and declutter in the spring! :D
    sugarfox72

Answer by sugarfox72 at 9:01 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I love Spring cleaning. The thought of everything being in place and all the junk cleaned out. If only it could stay that way. Somehow, the clutter creeps back in & we clean it again the next year.
    I wish I could Danny Tanner clean, but it's three kids against me... It's not gonna happen! Lol
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:11 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I do a "deep clean" as I call it usually 2 maybe 3 times a year. Spring and fall always. I get rid of clothes we out grow, dont want anymore, toys, and donate them. Then I start at the cieling and get rid of cob webs, do baseboards, clean floors on my hands and knees, wash curtians and rugs.

I vacume at least once a day, dust every other day, and spot clean furniture and rugs as needed. I have a small house so it doesnt take very long.
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 9:14 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Oh yes and I also Fall Clean and a mini Winter one too....
    I go thru all of the closets, the toys, games, I wash the walls,
    all of the baseboards... all of the furniture are steam cleaned
    masterbdrm gets an overhaul... (always find something I have been
    looking for ...lol)
    There is much more... Kitchen cabinets, bathroom ceiling and cabinets...
    and much much more...this includes the outdoors and basement...
    It usually takes 5 days from start to finish for the Spring and Fall clean
    and about 3 days for the mini Winter one which I do about Dec. 1...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:47 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I clean as needed.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:40 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I clean when I feel its needed.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:18 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I doubt I will get my spring cleaning done by fall. :(
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:54 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I do. I feel like I can start the spring summer anew. Plus it's a great way to get rid of things that I haven't used in a year or more. But windows and stuff like that all have to be cleaned. You'd be surprised how much more sunlight comes through when you get rid of the fall/winter layer of dirt on them.
    Denise2000

Answer by Denise2000 at 1:26 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I change out clothes twice a year, which leads to cleaning closets, which leads to cleaning bedrooms and bathrooms. The rest of the house I pretty much keep up with all year, but the garage gets awful during the winter, so it gets a big cleanout and garage sale every spring.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 5:06 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I clean, organize and get rid of stuff all the time, so not just a spring clean.
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 10:13 PM on May. 4, 2011