I am thankful.

I am 25. I have diabetes. I am married. I am about to give birth in August to my second daughter. I am considering having my tubes tied because I have been blessed to be given two healthy daughters with my disease. Husband does not want anymore kiddos. I am only worried I will regret having my tubes tied.

Why are you thankful?

Would you do what I am about to do? (tubes tied) if you were in my shoes? or would you want one more?

Thankyou for answering

Alicia10-2-08

Asked by Alicia10-2-08 at 9:03 PM on May. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would tie my tubes if i were you. If you and your husband are happy and satisfied with the two beautiful healthy children you have then there is no room for regrets. GL
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 11:54 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I am thankful for doctors who can assist me with my Hypothyroidism. I am thankful for a man in my life who is man enough to apologize for being wrong and who promises to change when he understands he needs to. I am thankful for healthy wonderful children. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:20 PM on May. 1, 2011

• yes i am thankful :) i have 4 healthy beautiful kiddos! i would seek god for your answer! he knows you more than anyone else and knows whats best for you! he can see wayyyy down the road in ur life when we cant with our human eyes! i got my tubes tied when my 4th was born bc that was c-section #4 ehh! however, abt ur diabetes , that can change, prayer changes things and a proper diet! i pray u get the answer ur looking for from the 1 above all others ;) gof bless!
    MOMMYOF4123456

Answer by MOMMYOF4123456 at 10:00 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I am thankful my children are happy and healthy. I am thankful I am married to the man of my dreams. I am thankful I have choices.

I would wait to tie my tubes if I were you. You never know what the future holds and what decisions you might regret. 25 is very young to shut that door. Try using an IUD instead.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:21 PM on May. 1, 2011

• RedRowan, I did have an IUD, but it was soo uncomfortable and painful to have sex. I had it removed and within a month before the birth control could completely take into my bloodstream, I got pregnant. I really do not want another IUD, I am thankful that I am blessed to be having two beautiful girls, I just don't want to have any regrets.
    Alicia10-2-08

Comment by Alicia10-2-08 (original poster) at 10:47 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I'm sorry the IUD didn't work for you.

Good luck with your decision.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 3:59 PM on May. 2, 2011