Would you or have you separated or divorced because you found out your husband was using porn?

I have been finding porn off and on for the past 3 years and I've warned him about leaving him over it too. He doesn't seem conserned at all. I'm sure he is going to make up some lame excuse about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I am going into my second marriage with the understanding that there is no porn. He just isn't into that. However, if he were to change that and not care about it, yes, I would leave him. This isn't about jealousy to me, I just think its wrong.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:15 PM on May. 1, 2011

• no.. porn is porn.. its as natural for a guy as romance novels are to women.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:14 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Porn is only a problem when it takes over his life, like any other addiction- the internet, gambling, alcoholism, drugs. My SO reads porn stories (not into movies) and it doesn't bother me- just as he has a drink from time to time and is free to gamble. I would never leave someone over porn- unless it was child porn or an addiction.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 9:20 PM on May. 1, 2011

• depends on what level of porn usage were talking about. occasional, no way would i divorce him...constant to the point that he was ignoring me sexually, i would consider it after trying therapy & letting him know why it bothers me.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:25 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Porn is not natural. Not all men like porn. Men who respect women and have a good relationship with their Moms and other women will not be interested in porn.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:36 PM on May. 1, 2011

•  I've warned him about leaving him over it too  First of all, don't issue ultimatums unless you're prepared to follow through.

Secondly, you might want to address the reason why he feels the need for porn in the first place.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:27 AM on May. 2, 2011

• if you're not his fantasy anymore, go find your own fantasy girl. then he can wonder around lonely because there is no such thing as the perfect girl. all those pictures are airbrushed. every last one. there's no such thing as the perfect guy either, those pictures are airbrushed too. lol.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 9:14 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Why would anyone leave over porn? If that were something worth leaving over my husband would have left me a LONG time ago!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:20 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Cont:
    I wouldn't divorce a guy if he watches porn but usually there are other issues associated and complications in the relationship/marriage that leads to divorce....
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:38 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Did he do it before you got married? If so I wouldn't divorce over it. If it affects your entire life, then help may be needed.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:12 PM on May. 1, 2011