Who was right?

The husband takes my son one way and leaves me standing in the middle of the store w/o telling me where hes going. (we were trying to find a particular shirt) After I found him, I told him how rude he was to leave me. Why didnt he simply come over and say 'lets go find the men's dept, they may have the shirt there' It was a quiet ride home to say the least but in the middle of the ride I asked what his problem was...he said that I'm the problem, throwing a fit like I did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• He, of course is wrong.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:17 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Yes he was totally wrong and rude too. Both of you should have participated in finding a shirt for your son since you all came to the store together. Leaving you standing there clueless was totally wrong on his part, and selfish.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:23 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Um...wow. My dh always walks away in the middle of walmart. Never been a problem. I call his cell if I need him
    sometimesitis

Answer by sometimesitis at 9:39 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I guess I am of the mind that manners aren't that big of a deal when it comes to me and my dh. I ditch him sometimes, but it is usually because he is ignoring me when I say where I am going and I don't think it is a big enough deal to tug on his shirt-sleeve. Should he have ditched you? No, but is it that big of a deal? I wouldn't say so, unless you were in some kind of danger?
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 9:46 PM on May. 1, 2011

• He should have at least, "I'll look over here". Something.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:22 PM on May. 1, 2011

• well I can say from experience that i used to do the same thing get mad and tell him about it in the middle of the store until one day my dh did the same to me and believe me i'm a changed person it was totally embarrasing being yelled at in the middle of the store like a child..... although I agree he shouldn't have left you in the first place maybe next time wait til you get in the car to have your say or at least wait until your not angry ... trust me it's hard to do . but if you can in the end it will make for a smoother marriage
    traren

Answer by traren at 10:27 PM on May. 1, 2011

• that was just rude..yea he should of at least said im going over here to look
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 2:25 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Thank you ladies I appreciate your thoughts. I didnt say anything in the middle of the store, we were behind some shelves and I was quiet about it. He just didnt like me telling him he was rude
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:22 PM on May. 3, 2011