How far along were you when you found out you were having twins?

How many ultrasounds before that did you have? Do you have twins in the family? What side dh or yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• goood question id like to know to!!
    sydney1026

Answer by sydney1026 at 11:00 PM on May. 1, 2011

• if twins run on your husbands side of the family, you won't have twins because of that. but his daughter might. what runs in the family is a female ovulating two eggs, which is why when twins run in the family they are fraternal.
    I found out at around 7-9 weeks. it was really early. my doctor sent me for an ultrasound right away (we figure he could tell because my uterus was high or something idk but he could tell - but he didnt mention it at that point he just wanted me to have an ultrasound)
    I had that ultrasound right away, then I had another a few weeks later because I had pain and went to the ER. after that I had the regular ultrasound to find out the sexes. towards the end I had to have ultrasounds twice a week to check their growth because they were discordant twins, where one takes nutrience from the other so he was bigger. they had to check to make sure baby A was still growing. so to answer your question (cont..)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:30 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I have no idea how many ultrasounds I had total :P oh and they run in my moms side. Her great grandma had three sets of twins, and her dad was a twin. She didnt end up having twins, but I always knew since I was very little I was going to have them! (I used to tell everyone I was gonna have twins and I really wanted them.:P)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:31 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I don't know but it would be good to know since my maternal grandfather was a fraternal twin. I might have some in the future.
    hali23

Answer by hali23 at 11:35 PM on May. 1, 2011

• wow twins run in my family too,i myself was a twin {there was a accident before birth and we lost him/her } but is it common for a twin to have twins?
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 11:51 PM on May. 1, 2011

• ElsaSalsaaa

Actually I don't believe that.....because dh's dad is a twin and twins don't run on his moms side and his mom had a twin. His aunt and uncle have twins and it didn't run on his aunts side she was an aunt by marrieage. Then there was one other person he told me I don't remember who that other person was, but it was a male.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:09 AM on May. 2, 2011

• I found out almost immediately. I was about 5 or 6 weeks with my boys (i'm abut 26 now).. I went to the hospital because I was having severe cramping and I found out when they did my ultrasound there. They're fraternal boys... twins run in my family, on both sides. One boy and one girl on my mothers side, and two boys on my father's side. I guess I was MEANT to have them! haha
    bellesmom0814

Answer by bellesmom0814 at 5:34 PM on May. 2, 2011

• thank god. that did not happen to me. but my placenta weighed 12 pounds and was far bigger than my baby. so that was almost like carrying and delivering twins. lol
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 11:27 PM on May. 1, 2011