Can you have pedicures when pregnant?

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 9:25 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes..lol
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 9:26 PM on May. 1, 2011

• yes as long as you aren't doing any of the acrylic stuff on your toes and get them to let you wear a mask while there so your not inhaling the smells of the chemicals. Most places offer them for pregnant mothers and as long as your not going like twice a month it should have no effect on the baby. And it feels amazing to have them massage your feet when your preggers!! have fun!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:28 PM on May. 1, 2011

• ok just checking bc one of my friends said I couldn't and I thought that was weird.
    spagirl0426

Comment by spagirl0426 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Yes, it won't hurt anything. - No hut tubbing, personally I would avoid chemical hair procedures and no extreme lifting- otherwise do what you normally do and just relax. Do not worry about things or you will drive yourself nuts. Your baby is naturally protected.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:31 PM on May. 1, 2011

• if they do leg massages with the pedi i would wait til you are close to the 3rd trimester. there are pressure points in your legs that can trigger labor (they dont always... but it could happen). I graduated from massage therapy school and was pregnant during part of it and they would not touch me anywhere until i was in my 3rd
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 10:06 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Personally...I would not set foot in a salon pregnant because of the toxic air! It is always completely un-breathable if you are NOT pregnant...all the nail polish and chemicals in the air. It can 't be GOOD for the baby or you to breath in.
    I WOULD however find a private or WELL ventilated place to get a pedicure if I really wanted one. Maybe a friend who you are close with who likes to do those things?
    Good lucK!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 12:49 AM on May. 2, 2011