At what age or hight should you stwitch to a toddler bed?

with my oldest I couldn't wait so she was 11 months with no problems. With my second she was 15 months and it was a week of her crying. This one I want to keep in a crib as long as I can. With my first 2 I had to buy a toddler bed, but this one the crib will turn into a toddler bed. But I really want to wait as long as possible to move this one over. I know to switch if they start trying to climb out, but what if they don't? At what age is to old for a crib? What about hight?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 9:33 PM on May. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• My DD never attempted to climb out. She's 5 now and I'm pretty much betting that she still wouldn't be trying to climb out. We moved her into a toddler bed a couple months before she turned 3.

momofthreeIRC....DD's toddler bed uses the mattress from her crib, so if she would have been too long for her crib, she would have been too long for her toddler bed too.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:49 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Due to being extremely poor, I was in a crib at 5 yrs old....I put my daughter in a toddler bed at 1 1/2 years.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:35 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I would say you could use one until A they are to long or B by age 2.5
    momofthreeIRC

Answer by momofthreeIRC at 9:42 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Leave her in the crib until she tries to get out, then switch to a bed.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:18 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I would say between 18 months and two years. My odd was out of the crib abd ib her toddler bed around 20 moths because she started climbing out of it. My middle dd was around the same.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 10:18 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My DD was in a toddler bed by 18 mos. My DS is almost 12 mos, and we will be moving him to a bed very soon. He's a big boy, and HATES his crib anyway. We're hoping he takes better to a comfy bed.

OP why do you want to keep the crib longer? CURIOUS :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:20 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I have 5 kids, all were in a T bed at 1 an a twin bed by 2~
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:29 PM on May. 1, 2011

• just cause my other 2 gre up so fast. Shoot my oldest took herself off a bottle by 9 months I had to put her formula in a sippy cup because she would no longer take her bottle. She was walking by 8.5 months. She was in a toddler bed by 11 months she done stuff so early. Slong with my youngest who wqas walking at almost 10 months. My oldest was potty trained by 19 months and my uoungest by 21 months. I kind of pushed them to grow up because I couldn't wait until they done new things. Other than the cup thing so I wish I would have enjoyed the baby years more. I started solids at exactly 4 months with youngest and 8 weeks with oldest cause I couldn't wait to. This might be our last baby cause I don't know if we can afford another one and so I want to enjoy this one and take this one slow lol.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 7:01 AM on May. 2, 2011

• LOL do what is easiest on you and them!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:03 AM on May. 2, 2011