Can anyone give me tips on how to promote something effectively?

SHAKII

Asked by SHAKII at 9:36 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• Promoting correctly depends on what the product/service is and where you want to promote it.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:46 PM on May. 1, 2011

• @ amber one is food and the other is health product...
    i appreciate that thank you
    SHAKII

Comment by SHAKII (original poster) at 9:56 PM on May. 1, 2011

• any other suggestions?
    SHAKII

Comment by SHAKII (original poster) at 10:21 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Facebook, email, cafe mom...
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 9:15 AM on May. 2, 2011

• There are lots of things you can do to promote your products. Go to vistaprint and order biz cards, post cards, t-shirts, hats, rack cards, lawn signs, etc etc. Years ago I bought a Mary Kay purse...it's a black tote bag with a large clear window for holding a catalog. Get one of those used on ebay or buy a photo tote. Put material from your product in there, wear a shirt when you are out saying something like "I sell ______. Ask for me a FREE sample" Or put postcard sized pic in the photo tote stating this.

Get the post cards to leave as ads on cork boards or canvass your neighborhood with them (leaving door to door, but unless postage paid don't touch a mailbox, it's illegal). Since you have a health product are you allowed to sell to Gyms and fitness centers?? Or at least advertise in them?? If the company allows it, call around or visit every gym in your area. Ask to leave samples with biz cards or post cards..
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:08 AM on May. 2, 2011

• Get the lawn sign for your lawn saying you sell it and have your web addy or even phone number on it. Look into being a vender in local fairs, festivals, craft shows and vender fairs....can't find any? Well find local reps for other direct selling companies and see if they are interested in participating in a vender fair for the cost of a table....then call local AL or VFW posts and ask what room rentals cost, use the price of the vender tables to pay for the space and advertising in the paper and with signs.

Or a cheaper route...contact other reps and see if they want to take turns hosting a Moms Night Out party where each vender gets to do a mini presentation and have a table with products.

Network locally and join your local chamber of commerce...you'll be able to attend meetings, share biz cards and participate in vender opportunities that other businesses can't.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:12 AM on May. 2, 2011

• @MKdirector....i started doing that alreadywith one of my business ......thank you so m]uch......

@mom2jack thank you so much i will definately take some of your advice.....
    SHAKII

Comment by SHAKII (original poster) at 12:39 AM on May. 3, 2011

• What kind of networking are you doing? What events do you attend?

You can also partner with businesses that sell complimentary products/services

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 AM on May. 8, 2011

• @rkoloms no i have never attended any events.....
    to promote my home made quiches n herbalife which is a health product....
    SHAKII

Comment by SHAKII (original poster) at 12:29 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Honestly, I know how to network...herbalife just will not go anywhere no matter how hard you try and their rules prevent you from successfully marketing yourself. I know, I am still a distributor.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 1:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2011