Age Appropriate Scary for Young Children?

DD is 5 years old and LOVES to be scared and scary things (just like her Mommy...LOL). If it has monsters or mummies or vampires or ghosts, the girl is totally into it. She's been satisfied with Scooby-Doo for the past couple of years, but that satisfaction is quickly ending. I started to DVR "RL Stine's The Witching Hour" thinking that would satisfy her, but she says it's boring (which she's right, it is). I made the mistake once and let her watch Thirteen Ghosts *hiding my head in shame* and, well, that didn't get a great reaction...she loved the movie and even wanted to watch it again, but that night and a few nights after weren't fun.

So....is there anything age appropriately scary that she can watch?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 9:44 PM on May. 1, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:52 PM on May. 1, 2011

• 13 Ghosts? WOW! Even I was afraid of that movie. I didn't finish watching that movie. You remind me of my sister. When we were young I remember my sister watching horror movies and she would laugh about the movie while we (siblings) have to cover our eyes and ears. Her daughter 13yo also likes horror movies. Last time I saw both of them they were talking about SAW the movie. I don't watch horror movies so I didn't understand what they were talking about. I watch Dr. Who it has aliens, and monsters, maybe your daughter would like them. My youngest does!
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 9:56 PM on May. 1, 2011

• What about that old tv show 'tales from the crypt'. I remember it as being tween scary. Should still be able to find it on Amazon....
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 10:00 PM on May. 1, 2011

• nightmare before x mas, coraline wasa little freaky, corpse bride my dd is 6 and likes them but the might be to babish if she likes 13 ghost, what about goosebumps?
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 10:05 PM on May. 1, 2011

• my 4 year old likes scary things too. She has a thing for vampires, zombies and pirates. some of her favorite movies are the last twilight, pirates of the caribbean, harry potter and zombieland. My husband plays scary games on the xbox and she loves to watch those.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:22 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Not sure, I hope you find what you are looking for, though.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 1:09 PM on May. 3, 2011