I need some ideas of punishments for my 3yr old

bvanpelt08

Asked by bvanpelt08 at 9:44 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have used time outs since 20 months.

She doesn't like to be in a room where there is no one to talk to so she goes to the kitchen with a timer so she can't ask how much longer...She sits on a chair in the middle of the room where she cannot mess with anything. I have also taught her that if she leaves something on the floor or not put up after I've told her to put it up, that it gets confiscated and she doesn't get it back for a week.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:48 PM on May. 1, 2011

• agreed with Jade.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 10:07 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Spanking for acts of disobedience and disrespect.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:14 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I use 123 magik. I rented the dvds from my library. Its awesome. I started using it when my son was 4.
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 10:18 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I use the love and logic approach. The discipline has to equal the offense. Its generally a time out on the stair and a talk as to why they were punished. Sometimes I take away a privelage such as tv, computer, or dsi. I always want to make sure they understand why they were punished. I also make sure I rewardtheir good behavior with praise.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 10:28 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I use the love and logic approach. The discipline has to equal the offense. Its generally a time out on the stair and a talk as to why they were punished. Sometimes I take away a privilege such as TV, computer or a toy they like to play with all the time. I always want to make sure they understand why they were punished. I also make sure I reward their good behavior with praise
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:54 AM on May. 2, 2011