Childless friends being Nanny 911 Cops- SICK OF IT!

My rant for the week. Who here hates it more than ANYTHING when a childless friend trys and gives you parenting advice? I do more so than most anything, I am always asking friends and doctors and nurses questions about parenting, after all it takes a village to raise a child- But it should at least be a village of medically educated adults, or PARENTS- I have a friend who constantly drags nanny 911 advice to me, and says how im doing it wrong and whatnot. Im about to hang her from a tree.

JnCV

Asked by JnCV at 9:48 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• tsk tskwow. i am a very straight forward person. i would have set her straight a long time ago.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:52 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Unless someone is a parent themselves or helped raise their siblings, they don't have much advice about parenting to offer me.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:53 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I just laught and tell them "Yeah, when you have kids, you tell me how that worked out for ya."
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:53 PM on May. 1, 2011

• i agree with jademom07 :)
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:55 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I'm in a situation where I have surrounded myself so that I have very few friends with children and those aren't childless by choice, but by genetics (many miscarriages).
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:57 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I would say something like, hey, take my kids for a day and see if you still feel the same. Ask her if she still remembers Nanny 911 skills to use. Lol!
    shannon979

Answer by shannon979 at 11:34 PM on May. 1, 2011

• How fun. Tell her to go have her own children to test her theories on perhaps. I would be direct with her too and let her know that you aren't interested in anymore parenting advice from her. Let her know when she walks a few miles in your shoes, that will be different.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:57 PM on May. 1, 2011

• ¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•i would tell her to have her own kids and see how it all works out for her..lol...i would really be honest with her..tell her how you feel..
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 2:21 PM on May. 2, 2011