Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

I was injuried in a car accident I had on 03/01 of this year and did not report

I was told around the summer I had tendonitis and was given brace to wear on my foot/ankle. After I was given the brace my foot began to get better but after the accident my foot is WORSE. I mean I am in horrible constant pain. When I was avoiding collision and when the other car hit me, I jerked and the motion from hitting the brakes affected my ankle, foot and my aggravated my already there tendonitis. At the time of the appointment I didnt report to the insurance company because I felt because it was not life threatening I was good and also tha day I just came from the dentist after having a root canal so I was sooo numbed up and uncomfortable. Well this past weekend I was in tears from the pain. I have called several podiatrist, PT and even my pcp and since last month havent been able to get an appointment. Today I went to the ER in my town and was told it is a torn soft tissue, ligament or tendon and that I need to set an appointment with my dr to arrange an MRI to determine, In the meantime I was given another brace and wrappings....
so my question is....

since the accident was 03/01 can I still report the injury?



Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Health

Answers (14)
  • You can but the insurance company will fight it. Also, you will have a hard time proving anything since there'd is no records of the accident

    Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:59 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • i'm pretty sure you would get in trouble for not reporting it when it happened

    Answer by mamawilbur at 9:59 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • I'm not sure if you can. Most insurance companies want you to report immediately. It's been 2 months so they may not. You can always call to find out. I hope you feel better.

    Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:00 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • you will probably have a hard time since you did not report the accident. if you did report the accident then yes you would be able to with no problem. call an attorney refferal service that deal with accident injurys and see a lawyer (free consultation) and see what they say. each state is different and i dont know which one your in

    Answer by KiraStadnik at 10:02 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • You should ALWAYS report an accident, no matter how little injured you think you may be. So much time has gone by, you probably couldn't prove it came from the accident. I'm sorry to tell you this for lack of better words, you screwed your self. I'm sorry! :P

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:03 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • I may have misspoke..or misstyped...

    I did report the accident. The other parties insurance already appraised my car and sent paymnt but I did not report the injury because I thought it was minor at the time/

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • Did you close the claim or is it still open? We are going through the same thing right now with my DH who was injured in a car accident recently. If it is still open, then I believe you can report the injure. If not, then I don't think you can.

    Did you go to the ER or doctor after the accident to make sure you were ok? That can affect it too.

    Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:10 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • I didnt go anywhere just wore the brace on my foot. Like I said I have been trying for about a month and half to get an appt with a dr and most podiatrist in my area have long waitlist. Today the pain was unbearable and I went to the ER.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:14 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • I just called my insurance and they said I have a couple of years. So I am good. Thanks ladies for your answers...

    I am in extreme pain man....and was told today only way that it may be repaired is surgery and I am not down for that.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • I always thought you had three years to sue.

    Answer by shannon979 at 11:31 PM on May. 1, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
Where to start?

Next question overall (Shopping)
Free samples!